When applying for a trade licence, you will need to register your company’s trade name and have it approved by the Department of Economic Development (DED). The DED can reject a trade name if it doesn’t comply with the prerequisites. You can apply online if you have a Business Registration & Licensing (BRL) account, or go through an authorised service centre or law firm.
Your trade name:
- Must not use the word Abu Dhabi
- Must not conflict with Arabic and Islamic traditions
- Must not refer to God or Islam
- Should be translated into Arabic
- Should be indicative of the business activity
What to bring
- Trade name application form is available at DED offices or online through the Abu Dhabi Business Center at abudhabi.ae
- Fees: the cost for obtaining a trade name varies, depending on the content and language of the name (approximately Dhs.1,000)
Procedure@Department of Economic Development (DED)
- Search at eservices.dedabudhabi.ae to check that trade name does not already exist
- Submit form to the DED, often at the same time as you apply for a trade licence
- A Trade Name Certificate is valid for 60 days
- It can be renewed online only once
- It must be renewed within one week before it is due to expire
Latest NewsView More
We’re less than a month away from the launch of the capital’s second annual Mother of the Nation Festi...
The 2017 rendition of Abu Dhabi Festival is now well under way, and the inspiring Picture This! event is back for its...
In line with the UAE government’s push to promote sustainable living, Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW) is b...
It’s the most important meal of the day and, in Abu Dhabi, it can also be the most delicious! We’ve put t...
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, hosting visitors from abroad or just want to get the whole gang ...