If you wish to take driving lessons in Dubai, the first step is to register with a driving school.
- UAE resident
- Aged 18 or older
- Passed an eye test
- Passport with residence visa (original and copy)
- Resident ID (original and copy)
- NOC from employer/ sponsor (if female)
- Eye test certificate
- Eight passport-sized photos (amount may vary according to driving school).
- Fee of Dhs.10 if you would like to request a male driving teacher.
- First instalment of fees. Prices will vary depending on the school. (E.g: Emirates Driving Institute: the first payment is Dhs.1,500).
- Typing fee of Dhs.30
- RTA admission fees of Dhs.330 and driving school admission test.
- New drivers will do approximately 40 lessons – each one lasts 30 minutes, and you’ll do two blocks of two hours each per week.
- In theory, it should therefore only take around five weeks to complete your practical training.
- Attend eight one-hour lectures to prepare for theory test.
- There’s a parking test, which happens after 20 lessons and covers the types of parking plus emergency braking and hill starts.
- After 36 lessons, you will have an assessment test which you need to pass before you can register for your final practical test. For your final four lessons, your instructor will take you for highway training on Al Khail Road.
- The final driving test itself should last around 20 minutes at most.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...