The process of buying a vehicle in Dubai is fairly straightforward, particularly when buying a new vehicle as the car dealer will typically handle most of the paperwork. New vehicles must be insured and registered annually, but they don’t need to be inspected at a test centre for the first two years. Many showrooms offer amazing deals on financing, such as interest-free payment plans for the first few years as well as free insurance and breakdown cover as an added incentive to buying a new car.
Unless you’re a cash buyer, you need to meet the requirements for vehicle finance through one of the UAE banks. If you are buying the car through a dealer, they will assist with this procedure.
What to bring
- Passport with residence visa (original and copy)
- Resident ID
- UAE driving licence (original and copy)
- Bank statements for the past three months, showing salary transfer.
- Salary certificate from your employer.
- Cash for purchase
- Find a vehicle you would like to purchase.
- Arrange vehicle finance if necessary (at a bank or with the dealer).
- Request number plates from RTA.
- Insure the vehicle and register it with the Dubai Traffic Police (see Registering your vehicle).
- The above procedures will probably all be done for you if you purchase the vehicle from a dealer.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...