If you buy a vehicle from another emirate, you will need to re-register it with the RTA here in Dubai. It is illegal for a Dubai resident to own a vehicle that is registered to another emirate.
- Owner is resident in Dubai
- Vehicle is registered in another emirate
- Passport with residence visa (original and copy)
- Resident ID
- Vehicle insurance (valid for 13 months)
- Settlement of loan certificate from finance company (if applicable).
- Fees: Dhs.60 temporary licence plate fee; Dhs.120 testing fee; Dhs.320 vehicle registration fee.
- Obtain blue temporary export licence plates from the RTA; these plates are valid for three days, and allow you to drive in Dubai until your vehicle is officially registered with the RTA.
- Affix the licence plates and take the vehicle to any EPPCO Tasjeel or Emarat Shamil centre.
- Then, follow the procedures for Testing a vehicle and Registering a vehicle.
- Once the vehicle has been tested and registered, you will receive a vehicle registration card and new Dubai plates; these must be fixed immediately before you can drive legally.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...