All vehicles two years or older must be tested annually prior to registration. Testing is carried out at ENOC Tasjeel, Emarat Shamil or Tamam centres. The test is performed while you wait, and most centres have waiting rooms with complimentary drinks and screens showing where each vehicle is in the testing process. ENOC offers a VIP service where it will collect the car, test, register and return it to you for Dhs.150, including the set costs below.
The technical inspection tests the following:
- Bodywork and frame
- Side slip
- Shock absorbers
- Engine performance and gears
- Vehicle is older than two years
- Resident ID card
- Vehicle registration card
- ENOC Tasjeel, Emarat Shamil or Tamam.
- Submit your documents and vehicle keys at the check-in booth.
- Pay the first test fee of Dhs.120, free retest within 30 days.
- Wait for around 30 minutes until test is complete; if vehicle passes you will receive a test result certificate.
- If your vehicle fails the inspection, have it repaired and retested within 30 days for an additional Dhs.30 fee.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...