Certain businesses require additional special approval from various government ministries and/or other authorities, according to their type of activity. You will then need a no objection certificate (NOC) from the ministry related to your business domain before applying for a trade licence.
- Use the activities search at dubaided.gov.ae to find out if your business needs special approval – and from which government body/bodies.
- For a list of business activities and related ministries, visit registration and licensing ‘external approval’ at dubaided.gov.ae.
- Completed Initial Approval Form from the DED.
- Financial guarantee from a Dubai bank (if required).
- Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Take your paperwork and application form to the relevant authorities to request the NOCs.
- Submit NOCs with other paperwork required for trade licence to DED.
- This process needs to take place once you have submitted your initial trade licence and trade name applications.
- Once the business type is approved by the Ministry of Economy, the DED can approve your full trade licence.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...