- The Dubai Mall. Spectacular because of its gargantuan size and its selection of more than 1,200 shops that include Bloomingdales, Galleries Lafayette and Hamley's. There's indoor theme park SEGA Republic, Dubai Ice Rink and an enormous aquarium that's visible to passing shoppers. The Dubai Mall is also your gateway to Downtown Dubai - step outside and marvel at the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world, and watch the incredible Dubai Fountain as you dine alfresco.
- Mall of the Emirates. Home to the country's only indoor ski slope, Ski Dubai, this is another destination mall. Amusement centre Magic Planet provides hours of entertainment, while high-end and high street brands combine to keep all shoppers hapy. Dining highlights include pan-African restaurant Tribes and American favourites Shake Shack and The Cheesecake Factory.
- The Beach at JBR. Not exactly a mall, this open-air shopping complex has a great mix of shops, cafes and restaurants right on the beachfront. Either combine with a day spent soaking up the sun on this popular stretch of sand and sea, or soak up the bustling evening atmosphere with an alfresco meal.
- Mirdif City Centre. The entertainment highlight here is Playnation, an emporium of fun times that includes an indoor skydiving centre, a 10 pin bowling alley, and a branch of amusement centre Magic Planet.
- Ibn Battuta Mall. This remarkable mall is divided into six zones, each based on a region that explorer Ibn Battuta visited in the 14th century; distinct architectural styles reflect the sights of Egypt, China, India, Persia, Tunisia and Andalusia. There's also a mix of shops, an IMAX cinema and plenty of dining options.
- Al Ghurair Centre. One of the city's original shopping centres, this mall is great for it's festival-like atmosphere, with street-style performances and regular events.
- BurJuman. This is renowned for its blend of designer and high-street labels attracting many a well-heeled shopper. The mall houses many famous brands, including Christian Dior, Gap, Escada and Just Cavalli, as well as some interesting smaller shops and legendary New York department store Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Dubai Outlet Mall. This is worth the trip for bargain hunters. A wide range of luxury brands and designer labels are on offer at heavily discounted prices, in addition to a good selection of bargain sports goods and children’s wear.
- Wafi. This eccentrically pyamid-themed mall is home to Khan Murjan Souk, which houses over 150 shops selling antiques, jewellery and souvenirs in an atmospheric setting.
Latest NewsView More
Oman is an extremely interesting country for the birdwatcher. Because of its location at the junction of three bio-ge...
If you’re looking for an outstanding framed image of Dubai or the region, Explorer Art’s finest prints we...
For an authentic taste of Thailand, Benjarong at the Dusit Thani, Dubai ticks all the boxes. If you're h...
Dubai International Motor Show is bringing the hottest new supercars to display in Dubai in November. The 13th ...
A man walks into a bar… and is pleasantly surprised with the welcome change of scene provided by the city&rsqu...