If you lose your UAE driving licence, you can have it replaced at any RTA licensing office; in some cases you may need to request a certificate from the police as proof of loss. Damaged licences can also be replaced at an RTA licensing office.
- Current driving licence has been lost or damaged.
- Passport with residence visa (copy)
- Resident ID (copy)
- One passport-sized photo
- Your damaged driving licence (if applicable)
- Dhs.110 replacement fee
If your driving licence is older than five years:
- An eye test certificate, available at any RTA-approved optician in Dubai (Dhs.50-100)
- RTA licensing office
- Submit all documents at the licensing counter
- You will need to settle any traffic fines at this point
- Your new licence should be ready within 30 minutes
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...