The RTA allows licence holders of certain countries to transfer (or exchange) their valid licence to a UAE licence. Licences from the following countries are eligible for exchange:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- UAE resident
- Aged 18 or older (if under 21, proof of parent’s permission required).
- Driving licence from one of the countries listed above must be valid, or within one year of the date of expiry.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the country the licence was registered in.
- Driving licence holders from Greece, Canada, Japan and South Korea may require a translation of their driving licence from their respective consulates.
What to bring
- Resident ID
- Passport with residence visa (copy and original)
- Current driving licence (original and copy)
- Eye test certificate, available at any RTA-approved optician in Dubai (Dhs.50-100)
- NOC from your sponsor
- Dhs.410 application fee
- RTA licensing centre
- Collect the driving licence application form from any RTA office.
- Take the documents to the counter and pay the required application fee.
- Wait for your name to be called for your photograph to be taken.
- Your licence will be ready within 5-10 minutes.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...