Within Dubai, post is typically delivered to the Central Post Office and distributed to any post office branches located throughout the city. For a fee, residents can rent a PO Box annually and have a personal mailing address in Dubai. You can then track any delivered mail on the post office website (with the exception of express mail).
As well as having a PO Box in one of its 36 branches, Emirates Post offers a choice of three private postal ‘bundles’, each with various benefits and services.
My Home: Post is hand-delivered to personal mail boxes that have been introduced outside villas in some of the more exclusive residential locations in Dubai.
My Zone: Some residential areas have installed postal shelters near to residential areas where post can be delivered across the emirate.
My Building: This is the newest of the bundle services. For apartment residents, mail lockers are fixed in the lobby or basement of apartment buildings.
For more details on individual or corporate PO Box rental bundles, visit epg.gov.ae or emiratespost.ae (and select English). Businesses are also able to rent a PO Box (see Getting a company PO Box for details).
Empost is the courier service provided by Emirates Post. It delivers international parcels to over 180 destinations worldwide. Durable boxes in various sizes can be purchased at any post office. In addition, customers can also buy parcel insurance for a nominal fee.
- Aged 18 or older
- UAE resident
- Call 600 5 99999 to choose your preferred PO Box branch or find a location list at epg.gov.ae or emiratespost.ae
- Select Emirates Post bundle
What to bring
- Passport and Resident ID (copies)
- Two passport-sized photos
- NOC from employer
- Completed blue Individual PO Box Service application form (from a post office or from the websites: epg.gov.ae and emiratespost.ae)
Annual rental fees
Dhs.270 branch PO Box (Dhs.200 to renew)
Dhs.370 My Zone (Dhs.300 to renew)
Dhs.470 My Building (Dhs.400 to renew)
Dhs.700 My Home (three times a week delivery) or Dhs.1,200
(six times a week delivery)
- Emirates Post branch
- Submit all documents and fees
- You will be assigned a PO Box number immediately
- Your PO Box key will be given to you on the spot at the branch
- Username and password will be assigned to track post online
- Track your received post online or by text message
- Renew your PO Box online at epg.gov.ae or emiratespost.ae
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...