A local burial can be arranged at the Christian cemetery in Jebel Ali (04 337 0247). The charity-financed cemetery will assist you with all burial arrangements. Alternatively, see Support network under Registering a death for information on companies that can provide advice and assistance.
- Deceased was a member of any Christian community/
- Deceased was resident in UAE.
- Death certificates have been collected.
- Death has been registered with the Dubai authorities.
- Cancelled passport and residence visa (original and copy).
- Death certificate (original and three copies).
- NOC from sponsor that all financial obligations have been settled (original and copy).
- Dhs.1,010 Dubai Municipality fee.
- Dhs.1,100 adult burial fee; Dhs.350 child burial fee.
- Dubai Police HQ.
- Submit the above documents.
- The police will issue an NOC requesting that Dubai Municipality authorises the burial.
- Dubai Municipality Cemetery Office.
- Submit all documents and the NOC and contact the cemetery caretaker.
- The caretaker will assist you in arranging a funeral.
- Contact an undertaker to prepare a coffin.
- You can arrange for a gravestone to be prepared, but only six months after the funeral.
- Contact your church if you wish to hold a memorial service.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...