If you want to move to full-time employment, you will need to cancel your freelance visa. Your new employer (and their PRO) will help with this. Equally, if you plan to leave Dubai, you will need to cancel your visa. (See also Cancelling a residence visa).
- Moving to full-time employment
- About to leave Dubai
What to bring
- Written request to cancel your freelance visa
- Freelance permit
- Resident ID
- Approx Dhs.400 cancellation fee
- Take the above documents to the appropriate free zone authority.
- Within three to four days you will receive official emails (from various internal free zone departments) confirming your de-registration.
- First your trade licence will be cancelled, and then your residence visa. The entire process should take about 10 to 14 days.
- Once your residence visa is cancelled, your passport will be returned to you (along with two copies of a cancellation document).
- You now have 30 days (from date of visa cancellation) to get your new residence visa (or exit the country). A daily fine becomes payable from the 31st day onwards.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...