As soon as your maid’s employment ends, so does her entitlement to a residence visa, so it will need to be cancelled. Just as a sponsor is responsible for sorting out the maid’s paperwork, it is also your responsibility to cancel it. There is some paperwork involved but the straightforward process should take around five days.
- Go to the typing centre at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) and ask for the ‘residence cancel’ form to be filled out.
- It is recommended to sign a waiver (for maid and sponsor) declaring monies owed have been sorted out.
- A one-way ticket for the maid back to her home country unless transferring her visa to a new UAE employer.
- Maid must be present
- Maid’s passport (original)
- Maid’s labour card (work permit)
- Sponsor’s passport (copy)
- Proof of one-way ticket for the maid to return home (if leaving UAE).
- Dhs.70 cancellation fee ( plus typing fees)
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
- Complete residence visa cancellation form at any typing centre.
- Submit documents to GDRFA’s Residency section along with maid’s passport and labour card.
- You will receive two cancellation receipts; one for yourself, and one for the maid to submit to Immigration at Dubai International Airport.
- At the airport, the maid’s visa will automatically be cancelled during immigration clearance.
- Use the other cancellation receipt to collect your deposit (Dhs.2,030) back from the GDRFA.
Latest NewsView More
Downtown Dubai, dubbed the ‘Centre of Now’, and the nearby dynamic financial district, are hotspots for t...
There is much more than stores and eateries at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping destinations...
The UAE continues to develop at pace and almost every week makes incredible announcements. There are too many formid...
The culinary culture in Dubai takes a detour from its usual gastronomic delights to introduce a new breed of ‘m...
Traditional office settings too mundane? Or perhaps one too many distractions while working from home? We have the so...